Tuesday, April 21, 2015

R is for Role Affirmation

 
Since I ventured into blog land I have run into a lot of talk about Role Affirmation spankings. At first I didn't really see the difference between role affirmation and reminder spankings but I have finally figured it out, at least within Jordan and I's arrangement.
 
Reminder Spankings are good for times when no major spankable offence has been committed but behavior and attitude are beginning to become an issue or as a reminder prior to an event such as being spanked before a shopping trip when overspending has been an issue in the past.
 
 
 
Role Affirmation is different.
 
Role = a part or character played by an actor or actress.
 
Affirmation = confirmation or ratification of the truth or validity of a prior judgment, decision, etc.

Role + Affirmation = Confirmation of the truth or validity of a part played.

Role Affirmation Spanking= a spanking administered along with verbal confirmation of both the HOH's and submissive roles and responsibility's. Useful in situations such as second guessing TTWD, or distancing withdrawal by the submissive partner.



When I ask Jordan for a spanking, role affirmation is typically what I'm asking for. I want him to spank me while affirming verbally that he is the boss and I will obey him and what the consequences will be should I choose not to. I want him to tell me that he loves me, that everything will be ok, that he's got me always no matter what. I want him to calm whatever fear, stress or worry that is causing me to pull away.

I want him to spank moderately hard. Push me a little bit past the ouch this really hurts, squirm try to get away level but not to a hard punishment spanking level and then I want him to make love to me.



When I feel the need for this type of thing I'm overly sensitive, emotional, lost deep within the thoughts in my head. That's when I need to know 'he's got this" the most.


We aren't there yet but I hope we are someday. Jordan has perfected the art of spanking but he typically spanks in silence. I know the reasoning behind each one but I long to hear him say them. Especially during those times when I'm questioning myself and / or my desire for TTWD.


 


What are your thoughts on role affirmation spankings? What do they mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment