Wednesday, April 29, 2015

W is for Words of Afirmation

 
Have you ever heard of The 5 Love Languages?
 

This is a great book if you have never read it. It explains that we usually try to show love to others the ways we most want to be loved. Discovering your spouses love language enables you to intentionally love them the way they feel most loved.

Jordan's love language is words of affirmation.


 
Words of affirmation: to verbalize your feelings of love, affection and appreciation to your mate. If your mate is the kind who loves compliments, chances are they take criticisms hard as well.

 
 
It is very important that I am careful with what I say to him. Kind words really build him up, but unkind words really knock him down.
 
This
                                                   
 
is a great tool to use when "Thinking before you speak."
 
 
My love language is physical touch.
 
 
 
Jordan is very touchy feely with me. He always touches me in passing wheatear it is smacking my butt, a quick hug, tugging on my hair or just a gentle touch on the shoulder he touches me. At night he spoons me with one hand on my bottom when we go to sleep. In the car he often rests his hand on my leg or holds my hand. While watching TV I often lay my head in his lap. While walking we hold hands.
 
The first thing Jordan does when he is mad at me is, he stops touching me. It doesn't take long for me to figure out that he is upset about something but the lack of touch makes me feel unloved very quickly:/
 

 
Do you know you love language? Do you know your spouses?
 
 
 
If not you can find out here.
 

4 comments:

  1. Great post Lillyana, I love the thinkmpif. Glad it seems you and Jordan understand each others love language.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lillyanna, I loved this post, as it shows different ways of communicating successfully. That's awesome.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, and glad to have found your blog. The things we say to each other are so important, communication and trust go hand in hand :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I’m a minion from the A to Z Challenge. I just wanted to thank you for participating this year and invite you to join in next year. BTW, you can still post for X Y and Z to finish if you wish. I've seen people post in May and also use all the letters at once! There's a reflections linky on the main site if you'd like to write a post reflecting on your A to Z experience and link up.
    Maui Jungalow

    ReplyDelete