Tuesday, April 28, 2015

V is for Voice

 
 


:to give utterance or expression to; declare; proclaim: to voice one's discontent.

 
 
Sometimes it is assumed that women in domestic discipline marriages have no voice. At least for me anyways, that is far from the truth.

For me DD means I choose to pick my battles. If there is a decision that needs to be made that I feel strongly about my voice will be heard.

Routinely, Jordan asks and values my opinion on decisions that need to be made.

In our contract I consented to Jordan always having the final say. Sometimes I do not agree with his decisions but I put my trust in him and support his choices.

Most of the time! There have been a few times, a few issues in which I have questioned his decisions and fought him on them big time. There have also been a handful of times in which I have disobeyed his final decision.

I have found through experience, Jordan typically makes the right choices. He is responsible. He thinks things through. He makes choices with his brain not his heart. Sometimes my heart gets in the way.

 
 
But the point of all of this is, I still have a voice. Jordan still values my opinion and ultimately it is my choice whether or not I respect, support and or obey each of  his decisions.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Lillyana, I'm sorry I have missed commenting on some of your A-Z posts. I have enjoyed reading them.

    This is s great post. DD does not mean we don't have a voice. In fact, if anything I have felt more heard.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lillyanna, I can only agree with Roz, although I submit to hubby, I have never felt more heard than with him and ttwd. Hubby listens and decides the way he considers best then. I think that there have been some situations when I would have wanted another decision, but there have been so many more decisions that showed that hubby listens very closely to what my thoughts are. Great post! Thank you for sharing.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete